Norah's Story

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Feeling Loved

On Sunday, my friends pulled off an amazing surprise baby shower for me!  I don't think I've ever been surprised like that in my life.  It turned out to be a pretty intricate plan to keep it a secret from me (including Greg hacking into my email and deleting incriminating messages).  I was so shocked I couldn't stop crying!

The hostesses:)  Wish we had taken a picture of the whole group!
We were showered with lots of diapers!  The baby's room actually smells like baby now.  I am so blessed by these ladies.  I love seeing how God works full circle.  I loved looking around the room and thinking how these people have been side by side with me for the last two years--the true hands and feet of Jesus to our family when we were most in need.  They rushed to the hospital to be by our side, they celebrated and honored Norah with us, they did laundry and cleaned my house, they took my kids, they got me out of the house on my darkest of days, they wiped my tears and cried with me--and now they are celebrating this new life that God has entrusted to us.





I know deep down that everyone loves this baby girl already, and I do too, but feeling our loss of Norah has made it much more difficult for me to connect to her.  I also know that once I see her, hear her first cries and have her healthy in my arms, that all of those feelings will disappear.  And one month from today, January 16, we will meet her!

No comments: