Norah's Story

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Seven

This afternoon I head back to Barnes Jewish Center for Advanced Medicine for the SEVENTH time since the end of February.  Greg and I know the building pretty well now.  We know it is best to park all the way up on the 5th floor.  We know exactly where I go to get an MRI/CT scan.  We know which floor is for neurology, rheumatology, cardiology. 

And today, I go for another CT scan and we still have no answers.  I am trying to come to the conclusion that we may never have an answer, and as long as I have no symptoms, this is okay.  But since my MRI scan a month after I was discharged, some other things have come up, and we have the best doctors trying to get to the bottom of it all.  For that I am grateful.  I am thankful that I live so close to one of the top hospitals in the country where doctors and nurses spend their time trying to figure out what is wrong with people like me--a healthy, 35 year old with no other problems.  I have been told by multiple doctors that they can learn from "someone like me." 

So, please pray for me today.  Pray for this scan to be an answer.  Pray for me to feel peace and not be worried or anxious about the headaches I have every day.  Pray for the doctors that are trying to figure this all out--that it all works in the way God intended it to. 

On another note, I have gotten to spend the last 3 months with this little lady!  Her smiles make me forget about all we've been through.  Her cries make me realize how fragile this earthly life is. She is truly a precious gift!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

She is truly beautiful! You have my prayers and hugs!