Norah's Story

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Catching up and putting it all in perspective....

Wow! I guess I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to update the blog (sorry to my 3 readers!). Christmas came and went, and here it is almost February. Maggie turns FOUR in a week, which means Elliott turns TWO in a little over a month. This week the winter sickies finally hit us. I came down with a stomach bug last Saturday and was out for a couple of days. Maggie woke up on Monday throwing up.

Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in the house, which I enjoy from time to time. I'm trying to be more present with the kids....spending time playing games and just loving on them!

I also realized this week that all the day to day things don't really matter that much. It really isn't important if the house is clean or if my menu is all planned or if I get that last sewing project done. It really IS important if I show my kids how much I love them! They can't hear it enough!!! I can't hug them enough!!!

I was reminded of this on Tuesday morning when I got the news that friends from church had a very complicated delivery of their second child. The baby was full term and because of complications was without oxygen for 10-15 minutes. It was a life or death situation for both mom and baby. My heart dropped with I read the email for emergency prayer for the family.

What else can you do but drop to your knees? I do know one thing, our God is a MIGHTY God who HEARS our prayers and gives us grace on a daily basis. He knows our hearts and just wants us close to Him. (He doesn't care if my bathroom is clean or if I filled my Etsy order!!)

So, I have been in constant prayer for this family as well as another friend who is on bed rest at 15 weeks of her pregnancy. Just that He would cover them with the blood of Jesus and protect them and fulfill His promises for them.

And I believe in miracles, because I believe in a God who has come through over and over again in my life and in the lives of so many others. And also because I am allowed to be a mother to two beautiful miracles in my life. I may not have had a complicated delivery or a difficult pregnancy, but this week I was reminded that they indeed are miracles too and were created for a purpose by God. They were given to me and to Greg for a reason, and I know God has wonderful things planned for them!

Join in prayer with me for baby Lincoln and his mom Lauren and for Holly and her baby boy in her belly! God does hear our prayers and listen to our needs if we trust in Him and follow Him!!!

**Baby Lincoln is doing well in the NICU. His initial tests are NOT showing the catastrophic brain injury that the doctors thought may have been there! He is breathing on his own with some oxygen. Praise God for little miracles day by day.**

My little miracles