Norah's Story

Monday, April 22, 2013

10,000 Reasons



It seems as if my post titles are also song titles lately.  Guess music is speaking to me and it is on my heart.   If you have never heard this song, you should take a listen.  I especially love the first verse--

The sun comes up it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

It is how I feel about this day, this week....Lord, please let me still be singing when the evening comes.  I have cried so much today, but I still feel like I have way more than 10,000 reasons for my heart to find.

Today marks 21 weeks since my surgery and is also the week Norah would have been born.  Greg and I are both really struggling with the reality that no baby will be born into the Cook Family this week.  Instead of packing up my diaper bag to take the to the hospital and washing baby clothes, I am trying to honor Norah's memory.  So, thanks to some wonderful friends, we were able to plant a beautiful magnolia ann tree in our front yard.  I will always be able to look out my big bay window and see this tree....it will grow to up to 12 feet in height and will bloom pink and purple blooms every April. 


I tried very hard to get out of the house this morning.  Every corner I turned at each place I went I basically bumped into a pregnant woman or a newborn baby girl in a pumpkin seat.  Finally at Kohls where I was trying to pick up some onesies for my Magpie orders, the sight of a very new baby girl was just too much for me to handle today.  Today is much harder than most.

No comments: