Norah's Story

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Faith Over Fear

Confession time--Over the last couple of months, I have allowed fear to be bigger than my faith. I have let the enemy tell me over and over all the lies that make me believe that I will not be okay, that this baby girl will not be okay.  I have not prayed for healing or for protection.  I have cried many tears over my situation and wondered why I would have to endure the same physical pain of having a cyst that I had with Norah, making me relive every scary moment of my pregnancy with her.

You see, this is where God comes in and saves the day and amazes me.  He swoops into the dark places without me even knowing.  He puts it on the hearts of others to feel inclined to pray for me--to intervene for me when I have no more words to pray.  And then one day in early September, I go to the doctor, and the u/s tech says, your ovary is completely normal--the cyst is GONE.  And I look over at my husband who has tears streaming down his face and hear him whisper, "thank you, Lord."  I think about how in my unbelief that things could possibly work out for me, that God was there the whole time prompting others to lift me up in prayer and to heal me in this way. 

It never ceases to amaze me how God works behind the scenes.  There are no coincidences in this life.  God is always working on our behalf.  At my Bible study this week, I had inadvertantly skipped looking up these passages.  As we were reading them aloud, I couldn't help but be so excited.  These promises are FOR ME TOO!  Over and over and over and over in scripture, it is laid out right before us.

Exodus 3:12
12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you[a] will worship God on this mountain.”

Genesis 28:15
15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 

Jeremiah 1:8
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.  

Matthew 28:19-20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  

Sometimes we pray so hard for the miracle that we have no clue what to do when that miracle occurs.  God, thank you for the miracles in my life.  Thank you for choosing me to follow you and for reminding me in the hardest of hard places, that you will be with me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful, encouraging, and so true! Thank you for sharing. Glory to God!

Sara B said...

Your post reminded me of the chorus of one of my favorite songs at church:
"Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me, and I will give you rest."
Prayers for all of you. Sara (Claire's mom)